Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Last days in Kabul

So I figured I'd get in a quick update. I stayed an extra few hours at work (it's now just past midnight) pretty much finishing up the last of my work duties. Tomorrow (Thursday) I'll start checking out (about 20 different signatures required on a a piece of paper), mail out my last box of stuff and attend a little 'Farewell get together'. Friday I'll finish packing up (it's our typical half day anyway) and finish last minute business before I leave Kabul on Saturday (assuming no aircraft issues)

It's a bit exciting to be winding down at work, though it's still a week from leaving here and a couple weeks from finally being home. But at least it's getting closer.

That's about it; I'll post once more before leaving here. Below is a picture of Simon (Team UK; recently replaced Gordon) and two local gentlemen who work at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs where we do some of our business. Kind of a crappy picture, but I got a kick out of it (in the shadowy basement of the building they work in, actual attitudes bear no resemblance to this picture, etc). Anyway, g'nite.

No comments:

Post a Comment